Actions and Detail Panel
1st Annual BBC Pro-AM Homebrew Competition
Fri, June 9, 2017, 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM PDT
Want your beer on the menu and served at the BBC pub?
Want to brew your recipe on Bend Brewing’s 7-barrel system?
How cool would it be for your family, friends and fellow homebrewers to see your beer and your name on the pub’s beer list? Well, now you have the opportunity!
Bend Brewing Co. and the Central Oregon Homebrewers Organization are hosting the first annual BBC Pro-Am Homebrew Competition.
So start brewing now!
Beers must be dropped off at BBC by 5:00 PM on Monday, May 8, 2017.
Judging will be held on Monday, May 15, 2017
Winning beer will be brewed the week of May 22nd schedule permitting.
Release party will begin at 5:30PM on June 9, 2017 (contingent on schedule and the beer’s readiness).
- This competition is AHA/BJCP sanctioned and open to any homebrewer age 21 or older.
- Beer style is limited to category 19 (Amber & Brown Ale) in the 2015 BJCP guidelines, sub-categories 19A (American Amber Ale) and 19C (American Brown Ale).
- Yeast variety is limited to American Ale yeast (Wyeast 1056, White Labs WLP 001, Imperial Flagship or equivalent liquid or dry), or any English-type yeast (liquid or dry).
- All entries shall consist of three 12oz, crown-capped bottles only (no swing-tops). NOTE:
- Attach BJCP bottle labels with rubber bands only; DO NOT tape or glue labels to the bottle!
- Entry forms with recipes are not necessary; bottle labels will suffice.
- Brewers may enter a beer in both sub-categories 19A and 19C if they choose.
- There is NO entry fee.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or Brew-on-Premises operations, supplies, etc.).
- This competition will be judged per the BJCP 2015 Guidelines by BJCP-qualified judges. The three top scoring beers in each sub-category will advance to a Best of Show (BOS) panel.
The winning brewer will brew his/her beer on Bend Brewing’s 7-barrel system as scheduling allows, but most likely will be soon after the winner is announced.
The winning beer will be served at the BBC Pub with the winner’s name and beer’s name listed on the beer menu.
Bend Brewing reserves the right to make some substitutions to the winner’s ingredients, based on what is readily available to the brewery.
You may access the BJCP Style Guidelines at http://bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf Link to printing bottles labels: http://bjcp.org/docs/SCP_BottleID.pdf
Questions? Please email,
Doug Jordan - Organizer at email@example.com or
Josh Harned - BBC Brewmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org