18th Annual NATE CHUTE BANKED SLALOM and BOARDER CROSS
March 18 & 19, 2017
Preregistration will close at NOON Friday March 17th.
**Even though online pre-registration is required you MUST come to the check-in window on each event morning to pick up bib goodie bag and generally be an awesome competitor.
THE MAIN EVENT
The Nate Chute is the second longest running banked slalom in the US, and third longest in North America. It is also a ‘Contest for a Cause’ being a great supporter of teen suicide prevention. The Cash Purse for the event is over $4K and it helps to raised tons of money for a great cause. This event has everything a classic snowboarding event should. An extra special thanks goes out to Stumptown Snowboards for being fantastic contributors to this long standing event.
Saturday - Day 1 - Banked Slalom
- Saturday will be a banked slalom through the lower part of the Goat Haunt SBX course into George's Gorge. Best time wins and seeds racers for the Sunday SBX.
Sunday - Day 2 - Boarder Cross
- Sunday is one of the biggest boarder cross in the Northwest with over 100 riders competing for the title and coolest trophies around. Two to five riders race through a great course consisting of jumps banks rollers and traffic. Top two riders advance to next round and each rider has at least two chances before being eliminated.
- Mandatory Day of Check in - LIFT PLAZA TICKET OFFICE located by Chair 2
- Course - Goat Haunt Cross Course and George’sGorge.
- Awards - Bierstube (outside both days 5:30)
SCHEDULE- this is the same for both days.
- 7:30-8:30am- Mandatory Check-In Both Days at Lift Plaza Ticket Office. Must pick up shirt bib confirm participation, etc.
- 9:10am- Early Lift Load for Preregistered Riders Only
- 9:20-9:45a - Mandatory Course Inspection
- 10am- Competitors Meeting at Race Start
- 10:15am-3:30pm- Races
- 5:30pm- Awards (Saturday & Sunday) on Bierstube patio.
- Riders found poaching the course prior to the event will not be allowed to compete as we will have staff working on the course all week. Please stay off the course. Seriously… No, Really.
- Competition limited to first 150 athletes; first 100 get a free t-shirt (guaranteed shirt if registered by 3/4)
- No race boards -aka- square tailed boards or hard boots.
- You can register for either day or both days. If you do register for SBX only you will be seeded at the bottom of your category. SBX seeds are based off Banked Slalom results.
- Each morning will only allow for one run inspection. We will gather at the top and go down as a group.
- $70 for both days of events $35 for just one day. You can race saturday Banked Slalom, Sunday SBX or Both.
$4000 CASH PURSE!
Categories may be combined if minimums are not met in each category.
Men’s Snowboard Divisions
- Pro/Open Men ($$$$)
- Amateur Men 8-12 ($$$)
- Amateur Men 13-17 ($$$)
- Amateur Men 18 and Over ($$$)
- Ol' Joes Division - Men 35+
Women‘s Snowboard Divisions
- Pro/Open Women ($$$$)
- Amateur Women 8-13 ($$$)
- Amateur Women 14 and Over ($$$)
This is a great event to watch - especially Sunday boarder cross. These events are located on the backside of the mountain to take advantage of George’s Gorge a super cool natural feature that serves as a natural halfpipe over 1/3 mile long. That makes the course accessible only by skier/boarder traffic. No foot traffic allowed on Chair One so you must be able to transport yourself.
What is the cancellation / refund policy?
If you cannot make it to the event for any reason, no problem. Let us know prior before the day of the event for a full refund. No-shows on the day of the event will receive a 50% refund.
Are there Discounted Lift Tickets for Event Competitors?
Yes, after registration a racer can show their bib at any ticket office to recieve a $40 lift ticket.
What about parking?
There may be SHORT TERM parking options in front of event registration (15 minute). After that, please follow all parking signage and park as per normal during the race. Registration is at the end of Birch Lot (the one below the bierstube) and is a pay lot.
What are my transport options getting to the event?
A shuttle will operate in the upper village areas, and all parking lots will be open through the event.
The SNOW Bus will also operate between Whitefish and Whitefish Mountain Resort.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No. You can easily request a full refund prior to the day of the event. New registrations must be completed by the competitor / gaurdian in order to assure each racer has signed the waiver appropriately.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. I'll be honest, it is nice but it is not necessary.
Do WMR Employees / families receive a discount?
Pre-register online to recieve a 50% refund. (Credit card refunded)
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
All skiers and snowboarders must be at least 8 years old and have a parent / guardian sign an assumption of risk policy prior to competing.
Where can I find results?
Results will be announced at the awards ceremony and there will be copies available for viewing after awards are given. Awards will also be posted to the WMR event calendar listing.
To see other events at Whitefish Mountain Resort, visit: http://skiwhitefish.com/events/