San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Registration link: tech-meetup-01-22-2017.eventbrite.com/
- Event link: (Bay Area) 如何用1/6000的训练数据击败深度学习——文字识别实验讨论
- Language: Chinese
- Time: 1:30PM ~ 4:00PM, 01/22/2016, Sunday
- Location: Suite 300 (Floor 3), 4500 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm: Reception and social time
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm: Talk and QA
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm: offline networking
Vicarious AI is an artificial intelligence core technology R&D startup based in Silicon Valley, USA. Vicarious approaches AI with a very unique brain-inspired strategy, drawing inspirations from neuroscience and cognitive science and combining them with modern computational modeling techniques such as probabilistic graphical models (PGM). In this talk, we will present Vicarious' recent papers on generative shape models and hierarchical feature learning. We will discuss our performance on public text recognition benchmarks and show how to outperform deep learning using 6000 times less amount of training data.
Xinghua Lou, Ph.D., is Head of Commercialization at Vicarious AI. Xinghua is a veteran machine learning researcher and practitioner. He has published in many renowned venues such as NIPS, ICML, CVPR, MIT Press, and has won the best paper award in 2012 Machine Learning for Medical Imaging. Xinghua's current interest is connecting Vicarious AI to impactful real world applications.
- 长城会 RobotX Space
When & Where