Description & Target Audience
The Oncology Updates Program is presented annually to update nurses, pharmacists, social workers and other healthcare professionals, who care for cancer patients. This year’s program will include updates on lung cancer screening, new techniques in breast reconstruction, colon cancer and surgical intervention and a look at "Keeping It In Perspective".
At the conclusion of the symposium the participants will be able to:
- List three eligibility criteria for lung cancer screening
- Identify one new technique in surgical intervention for reconstruction following breast cancer
- Discuss the differences in pathology reports based on identified cancer type
- Ascertain recent updates to the management of colorectal cancer
- Indicate two updates to the management of breast cancer
- Identify ways to better live your life to better serve others
7:00 am Registration/Breakfast/Exhibits
7:30 am Lung cancer screening - Dr. Brett Grizzell
8:30 am Current options for breast reconstruction - Dr. Mitchell Flurry
9:30 am Break & Exhibits
10:00 am Pathological considerations in breast and gynecologic cancers - Dr. Mark Laudenschlager
11:00 am Management of advanced colorectal cancer in the modern era - Dr. Ali Ahmad
12:00 pm Lunch & Exhibits
12:45 pm Updates in breast cancer - Dr. Quoc Truong
1:45 pm Break & Exhibits
2:00 pm Keeping it in perspective - Nick Mezacapa
3:15 pm Adjournment & Evaluations
The Wichita Oncology Nursing Society and the Wichita NCI Community Oncology Research Program have contracted with Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is approved as a provider of CNE by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This course offering is approved for 7.5 contact hours applicable for RN, or LPN relicensure. Kansas State Board of Nursing provider number: LT 0085-0327
Cancellations received before February 10 will receive registration paid less a $10 processing fee.
Cancellations on or after February 10 or no-shows the day of conference will receive no refund.