Description & Target Audience
The Oncology Updates Program is presented annually to update nurses, pharmacists, social workers and other healthcare professionals, who care for cancer patients. This year’s program will include updates on lung cancer screening, new techniques in breast reconstruction, colon cancer and surgical intervention and a look at "Keeping It In Perspective".
At the conclusion of the symposium the participants will be able to:
- Identify new treatment and recommendations for the patient with melanoma.
- Discuss two techniques in improving the relationship between patient and healthcare professional.
- Discuss safety precautions that reduce hazardous drug exposure during various handling activities.
- Discuss the impact of generational differences on patient care delivery.
- Discuss enforceable standard changes and their impact on drug administration, compounding and safe handling
- Validate how various aspects of an individual's attitude can affect an outcome.
7:00 am Registration/Breakfast/Exhibits
7:30 am Lung cancer screening - Dr. Brett Grizzell
8:30 am Updates in breast reconstruction - Dr. Mitchell Flurry
9:30 am Break & Exhibits
10:00 am TBA
11:00 am TBA
12:00 pm Lunch & Exhibits
12:45 pm TBA - Dr. Quoc Truong
1:45 pm Break & Exhibits
2:00 pm Keeping it in perspective - Nick Mezacapa
3:15 pm Adjournment & Evaluations
Cancellations received before February 10 will receive registration paid less a $10 processing fee.
Cancellations on or after February 10 or no-shows the day of conference will receive no refund.