Actions and Detail Panel
12th Annual Sequencing, Finishing, and Analysis in the Future Meeting
Tue, May 16, 2017, 8:00 AM – Thu, May 18, 2017, 9:00 PM MDT
Please join us for the 12th annual “Sequencing, Finishing and Analysis in the Future” Meeting on Tuesday, May 16th through Thursday, May 18th in beautiful, historic Santa Fe, NM. The three-day SFAF conference will focus on Next Generation Sequencing technologies, applications, and their effect on the rapidly advancing field of Genomics.
Call for Abstracts (both talks and posters) Deadline March 28th, 2017
Areas to be emphasized include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sequencing strategies and technology advancements using the various NGS platforms
- De novo sequencing, re-sequencing, Human seq., RNA seq., metagenomics, etc.
- Sequencing applications for Metagenomics, Transcriptomics, Diagnostics, and Biosurveillance
- Whole genome assemblers and integration of next generation data
- De novo assemblers for short reads, hybrid assemblers
- Recalling and calibrating genome assemblies
- Single cell and metagenomic assemblies
- Genome annotation and pathway identification tools and pipelines
- Comparative genomics, re-sequencing, SNPs, structural variation
- Large scale data management, cloud computing
- Analysis for Forensics, Metagenomics, and Antimicrobial Resistance
Applications of NGS:
- Bringing sequence to the clinic (i.e. diagnostics, cancer, inherited disorders)
- Human, non-human, and infectious disease applications
- Gene Editing, Synthetic Genomics, Forensics, and Biosurveillance
- AgriGenomics, Livestock Genomics, Plant Genomics
- Global engagement and Partnerships
The conference is being sponsored by numerous genomics/sequencing vendors and hosted by the Los Alamos National Laboratory and MRIGlobal, thus NO registration fee is required. Participants need to cover travel costs, hotel and dinner charges. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided.
Registration is full, if you are planning to present please add yourself to the waitlist and email your intent to submit an abstract.
While the room block at La Fonda remains full we've expanded the blocks at the Drury Inn and La Posada, with approximaltey 10 rooms at each hotel avialble if booked this week. Each hotel is offering reduced rates of $100/night for SFAF attendees (a substantial discount over their stanard rates).
La Posada de Santa Fe either online or by calling 855-210-7210 and mentioning the group “LANL-SFAF 2017”.
Drury Inn of Santa Fe either online or by calling 800-378-7946 and mentioning group number 2302302.