San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
18 months, 12 Long Trails, 14,300 miles. (and 28 pairs of shoes!)
Over 545 days between July 2, 2011 and December 28, 2012, Australian adventurer Cam "Swami" Honan completed an amazing, almost superhuman, feat: through-hiking 12 of the most iconic long trails through the wilds of 29 U.S.states and 4 Canadian provinces. In the process, he set records for the most miles hiked in a calendar year (10,204 in 2012), the fastest completion of a calendar-year Triple Crown (PCT, CDT and AT in 236 days).... and the most dehydrated beans consumed in an 18 month period (123.7 lbs)!
Now Cam Honan is coming to Seattle for this one exclusive night event to tell the inspiring tale of his journey through the wilds of North America: the challenges, the memorable characters, the unforgettable landscapes. Join us for some drool-worthy photos, trip statistics and lots of personal learnings and stories from the adventure. Introducing Cam will be the Mountaineers' own 'Triple Crowner', Brian Lewis.
Following the talk will be a Q & A session in which you can quiz Cam about the trails, the experience, the hardships, how he prepared, what he carried, anything else to help you excel in your own Trail Dreams! We look forward to seeing you there! You need not be a Mountaineers member to attend.
Cam's adventure included the following trails:
1. Pacific Northwest Trail (PNT) – 1184 miles, 45 days
2. Great Divide Trail (GDT) – 606 miles, 19.5 days
3. Sierra High Route (SHR) – 205 miles, 11 days
4. International Appalachian Trail (IAT) – 624 miles, 20 days
5. Superior Hiking Trail (SHT) – 235 miles, 8.5 days
6. Southeastern Serpentine Trail (SST) – 583 miles, 24.5 days
7. Florida Trail (FT) – 1326 miles, 42 days
8. Ouachita Trail (OT) – 223 miles, 8 days
9. Southwestern Horseshoe (SWH) – 1782 miles, 66 days
10. Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) – 2668 miles, 85 days
11. Continental Divide Trail (CDT) – 2612 miles, 74 days
12. Appalachian Trail (AT) – 2181 miles, 72.5 days
$10 for Mountaineers Members
$13 for Non-Mountaineers Members
$15 at the door - CASH OR CHECK ONLY