Actions and Detail Panel
10th Annual FUSD Tournament of Technology 2017 - April 1, 2017
Sat, April 1, 2017, 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM PDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
The Fresno Unified 10th Annual Middle School Tournament of Technology on April 1st at Rutherford B. Gaston Sr. Middle School is less than two months away. Students will be competing in technology-based categories including robotics, video production, and design. New 3D printing and robotics events were introduced last year and this year we will introduce new Website Design and Search & Rescue events. Race car and bridge-breaking events will continue to attract a lot of interest but all 14 events will help students flex 21st century learning skills.
Last year, we adopted a new system that allowed judges to review and score entries online. The new system received positive feedback and we think this year’s improvements will be even better. The judging window will be open for 7 days instead of one evening and this flexibility should make life much easier for judges.
We are now accepting volunteers to help judge the 14 events and the first 100 will be guaranteed a spot and an original Tournament of Technology t-shirt!
The criteria for being a judge is simple:
- Be willing to judge one of the 14 events online between March 17th and 23rd, or show up on Saturday to support our students and witness their excitement and competitive spirit
- Be prepared to be amazed at what our middle school students can accomplish in the areas of video, robotics, 3D Design and more
- Be willing to work collaboratively in groups of 2 or 3 to score one of the 14 events
Alert: Don’t believe alternative facts. Being a “techie” is not a requirement. Although the students use a LOT of technology to compete, judging the events only makes you look tech savvy! ;)
We will provide all the information needed not only to judge the events but to have a great time doing so. Really! We’ve done this for 9 straight years so we’ve learned a few things.
Saturday, April 1st 7:30am at Rutherford B. Gaston Sr. Middle School
- Robotics (Battle Bot, Robo Rally, Robot C Programming, Search & Rescue)
- Design (3D Printed Car Race, 3D Printed Bridge Strength, Kodu Game Design, Website Design)
- Video (Advertisement, Blockbuster, Documentary, Public Service Announcement)
- Exhibition Events (3D Useful Object, CoderGirlz)
Specify your interest in judging online or judging live as well as the events you are most interested in. We will work hard to assign you to your preferences.
We would also love to hear about other potential judges who you think might be interested!