Actions and Detail Panel
103: Home Performance Crash Course - Atlanta, GA
Thu, May 18, 2017, 8:30 AM – Fri, May 19, 2017, 4:30 PM EDT
This exciting new 2-day technical class is for anyone who wants to learn how the whole house works as an interactive system. This crash course will provide participants with the knowledge to diagnose, repair and solve homeowners' problems without the requirement of a BPI certification.
Why You Should Attend:
Many homeowners have comfort and indoor air quality problems and turn to their HVAC service company for answers. Have your team be better prepared to diagnose and solve these concerns by attending this class. Participants will leave with a greater understanding of the "Whole Home" approach and be more confident in their ability to solve these homeowners' problems. Set your team apart, and get your people trained today.
What You Will Learn:
• Fundamentals of building science
• “Whole Home” Approach
• Rules of air, heat, and moisture flow
• Air infiltration driving forces
• Construction/pressure/energy terminology
• Infiltration/duct leakage/closed door impacts on building pressures
• How dust, humidity and CO enter the home
• How to interpret blower door test results
• Infrared camera use and interpretation
• Air infiltration repair materials
• Insulation properties, R-values & U-factors
• Attic & crawl space renovation processes
• Utility bill disaggregation, baseload savings
Who Should Attend:
Lead Installers/Installation Managers
This course qualifies for 8 BPI CEU's and 16 NATE CEU's.