You Want to Help Local Causes Make Chicago a Better Place. If Only There Was a Way to Turn Your $100 Donation Into $1,000s and Make a Big Impact. Welcome to 100+ Who Care Chicago's Quarterly Event!
What does a 100+ Who Care Chicago Experience Look Like? It looks like THIS.
Join us on Thursday, February 9th for our First Event of 2017
Location: TechNexus in the Civic Opera Building.
Time: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
We will be nominating, voting and awarding our group donation to one lucky, local cause!
- Each attendee commits to donating $100 per gathering via personal check or donation through the uBack App.
- The entirety of donations from the event will be given to a local, Chicago-based 501(c)3 organization serving the Greater Chicago Area. No national organizations will be considered. The purpose is to focus 100% on the community. Events will be held quarterly and will last 90 minutes. 45 minutes social & 45 minutes business.
- Doors open at 5:15pm, when the event officially kicks off, and wraps at 7:00 p.m. Any guest wishing to present can submit their name and local organization for the drawing (not required). Three speakers will be drawn. The business portion of the meeting will begin promptly at 6:15 p.m. After remarks from our 100+ M.C. and speakers, all attendees vote on the winning organization.
- All checks are collected and delivered to the Executive Director of the organization the following week. WE WILL DONATE EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR! Simple concept, Big impact.
1) Can't Make It Out That Night: - I'm not able to make the event on February 9th (5:30pm - 7:00pm). Can I still be a part of the 100+ Who Care Chicago Chapter?
Yes, you can certainly still be a part of the 100+ Who Care Chicago Chapter! If you are unable to make this event, but would still like to donate, you may consider asking another attendee to donate in your name or to download the uBack App and find the name of the winning local organization.
For future events, follow 100+ Who Care Chicago Chapter on Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin. We will be holding one event per quarter, so stay tuned.
2) Age Guidelines - Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No. However, all attendees enjoying a beer/wine must be 21 or older. Donations will only be accepted from those 18 and over, unless with a parent/guardian's approval.
3) Transportation/Parking - What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Street parking and garages are available, as well as Lyft and Uber cars. You may also consider taking a CTA or Metra line to attend our event.
4) What To Bring - What can/can't I bring to the event?
The only thing you need to bring to the event is your phone to donate via the uBack App or a blank check to be made out for $100 to the organization that is voted the winner by the majority of attendees.
5) Nominating A Cause - Do I have to present a local cause? Do I need to be prepared with slides?
No. Only if you wish, you may put your name in the hat to be drawn (three are drawn). If you do and you are drawn, you will have 3-5 minutes to say a few words. You will NOT have the option to present slides or use the A/V in any way.
6) Other Questions - Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact Info@100pluswhocarechicago.com.
7) RSVPing - Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. The event is free (except for the check or your phone to donate via the uBack App per above). Please bring friends and share the event on social media to illustrate the Power of 100+!
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
While we suggest that you register ahead of time for the event, if you step in for a registered attendee then that is fine. We encourage all attendees to spread the word and bring as many people who seek to do good (so long as attendees are aware that they will be expected to donate $100 to the top vote getting local orgaization).