Thinking about doing an iPhone, iPad, or Android app? Started one, but not sure how to design the UI? If so, this one-day mobile design class is for you.
1. Getting started: What not to do and mobile myths
2. Making it mobile (instead of just really small)
3. Mobile capabilities and constraints
4. Mobile design principles: focused, simple, and intuitive
5. Designing for touch and small screens
6. A good basic mobile design process
7. A better design process: scenarios, personas, and value
8. An overview of mobile web guidelines
9. Overview of iPhone vs. iPad vs. Android guidelines
10. Getting it right: how Apple and Google do it and evaluation techniques
Optional workshop: A hands-on mobile app makeover
What you will learn
What makes a great mobile user experience, mobile guidelines and principles, and how mobile design differs from desktop. You will learn the big picture, as well as the important details. Each section has at least one class discussion, so you will learn from the experiences of your classmates.
"This is the most useful training course I have attended in the past decade. Everett has superior command of the subject matter and real-world experience to back it up."
"Thanks so much for the course. It was a great overview of the mobile space and just what I needed to get my head around the project I am working on."
About the presenter
Everett McKay is principal of UX Design Edge and has been teaching UX design to software professionals since 2003. Everett is author of UI is Communication: How to design intutive, user-centered user interfaces by focusing on effective communication, to be published by Morgan Kaufmann in 2013. While at Microsoft, he was responsible for writing and evanglizing the Windows User Experience Guidelines.
When & Where
UX Design Edge
UX Design Edge helps teams create better user experiences through practical design training and consulting for mobile, web, and desktop applications.
Our specialty is to help software professionals create modern, intuitive, simple, and delightful user experiences, using tools and techniques that are practical with limited time and budgets. We are based in Vermont USA, but our clientele is global.