1 Day Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop - New Orleans
Sunday, July 2, 2017 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (CDT)
Meet us in New Orleans during Essence Festival weekend on Sunday, July 2nd. We will host a workshop for a small group who are interested in earning an Event Planning Certificate. Reserve your seat with a $100 deposit (non-refundable). Remaining balance is due no later than June 1st. See you there.
Long time, event planning professional and entrepreneur Elaina M. Whitley presents 'Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop', a 1-day interactive course to guide you through learning all about starting and running a successful event planning business as well as the many opportunities available within the industry.
- Steps to get you started in the industry
- Event Planner education
- Event Planner income
- How to conduct a consultation
- Writing Proposals and Contracts
- Negotiating and Budgets
- Menu Planning and Seating Charts
- Event Planning Timelines
- Conducting Site Visits
- Business and Event Insurance and how to manage risks
- The importance of why you must own a business and not just be an event planner
- Simple ways of how to get repeat clients
- Associations for Event Professionals
- Adding services to your business to create year-round revenue
- How your E.Y.E. Certificate of Completion can help you generate income from paid event & wedding gigs
Only 10 seats available. Registration will close at event capacity. Early registration is highly recommended. On-site registration will NOT be available.
According to former students, the information that you learn in this class is far more valuable than the cost. It is worth every dime. Learn real-life experiences from an event planning veteran.
No unregistered, accompanying guests. No small children. Suggested age is 16 years old and up. No recording devices of any kind will be allowed into the venue.
One-on-one training for 1 Day Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop is available. Please contact event host for details.
Registration fee includes:
- Wi-Fi access if you choose to bring a laptop or tablet
- Course Manual & Event Planning Tip Sheets
- Proposal Template
- Templates to help you get started
- Enjoy Yourself Events Certificate of Completion
- Discount on follow-up consultation for business or event planning
- 30 days of free post-workshop follow up via email for any pending questions that you may have
- Discounts for future events hosted by Enjoy Yourself Events
- Opportunity to volunteer or intern at Enjoy Yourself Events
- Opportunity to become a member of Enjoy Yourself Events Network of Event Planners
- Opportunity to renew your certificate every 2 years with approved volunteer hours
*** The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. ***
Day of workshop instructions:
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start of workshop.
- Have picture ID and printed registration confirmation upon arrival.
- Dress code - Business casual. Neat jeans are okay.
- Bring a sweater just in case a/c is on at the venue
- Bring laptop/tablet for assignments if you can. Not mandatory.
- Plan to stay for the entire workshop. Certificates will not be issued until the end of the day. (no exceptions)
Elaina M. Whitley is also available for private, individual and group sessions of 'EP 101' as well as speaking engagements and event hosting. If you have a group that would like to take this workshop, 'EP 101' will come to you anywhere in the world.
Save This Event
When & Where
Elaina M. Whitley/Enjoy Yourself Events/Enjoy Yourself Vacations
Elaina M. Whitley is the owner/founder of Enjoy Yourself Events, an event management and entertainment firm providing Event Planning, Marketing, Public Relations, Small Business & Professional Coaching. Elaina has been in the event industry for more than 15 years & has lent her expertise to events across the country. Client event roster includes: Real Men Cook, GodzGirl Network, Sweet Auburn Festival, Taste of Atlanta, Restoration-Atlanta Flood Relief Benefit Concert and more. In addition, Enjoy Yourself Events has produced and hosted: Event Planning 101 Certificate Workshop, Networking For a Cause Thanksgiving Food Drive, We Love the Kids Holiday Toy Drive, Sweet-Touch Pamper Me Party, Its My Party Event Planning Expo, Essence Music Festival group travel, as well as a host of others including celebrity and VIP events.