08-13-2013 HUBZone Certification Training Orientation
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM (ADT)
Is your firm located in a HUBZone area? Do you want to become HUBZone certified? If you answered yes to both questions, please attend the MMSDC HUBZone Orientation Training session.
- Contracts can be awarded on a competitive and sole source basis
- Federal agencies and prime contractors have goals to work with HUBZone firms
- 10% price evaluation preference in full and open contract competitions as well as subcontracting opportunities
- Access to other SBA resources including businesses counseling and SBA loan programs
Gravity Solutions Inc, experts in government contracting, will provide a 4-hour comprehensive training session on HUBZone Certification.
- Understanding the HUBZone Program and how it works
- Prerequisites and Eligibility Requirements
- How The HUBZone Program Determines HUBZone Eligibility
- Benefits of the HUBZone Program
- Starting the Electronic Application Process
- The Electronic Application
- Location in Qualified HUBZone
- General Business Information
- Ownership and Control
- Financial Information
- HUBZone Employment Statement
- Affiliation - relevant SBA size standards
- Notice of Verification
- Completing the Application Process
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) and other helpful links
- Glossary of HUBZone acronyms
Who should attend:
You must be located within a HUBZone to attend. If you would like to see if your business is located in a HUBZone, please follow this link to verify your HUBZone eligibility.
Parking is available for $4.00 at the Talon Centre/Rattlesnake surface lot, which is located on the right side of Joseph Campau, just before the Detroit River. Please DO NOT park in front of or behind the Talon Centre. Those spaces are reserved and violators will be towed.
This is a federally funded grant opportunity, for which allows you to receive FREE training and consulting towards your HUBZone certification.
When & Where
Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council (MMSDC)