Have you been following along in our quest to help you make this New Year’s Eve the best one ever? Check out our homepage for our previous tips on finding the perfect venue, using TaskRabbit to outsource your event-related errands, and sending the perfect event invitation with Paperless Post. Our next mission? Helping you ‘dress up’ your event page!
If you’ve used Eventbrite to host and event before, you’re aware that you can fully customize all details of your event page, even down to the URL!
1. Think about your theme. Are you having an apocalyptic, end-of-the-world New Year’s, or is your soiree more Hollywood Glam-themed? By identifying your theme, you can lay the groundwork for whether your page will be black, gold, and glittery or be a bit more dark and ominous. By being explicit about your theme from the beginning, guests will have a better idea of what they can expect when attending.
2. Add photos! Potential party guests want to know what they’re getting into. Even if you’ve never hosted this event before, you can include photos of the venue (both inside and out), some of the cocktails or food you’ll be serving, or some suggestions for appropriate attire.
3. Make it interactive. Just like with photos, potential party guests love seeing what your party might look like. If you hosted the same event last year and have a video on hand, you can easily embed the video right into the Event Details section. If this is the first year you’re hosting, is there another video you can include? A music video with party music or a countdown to midnight can both be fun options.
4. Sharpen your HTML skills. Customizing your event page can seem a bit overwhelming if you don’t have a working knowledge of HTML. Lucky for you, our design team can help you out! Check out How to Design a Great Event Page if you’re feeling up for some DIY fun, or check out last year’s New Year’s Eve templates if you’d rather just use a pre-made page.
5. Add perks! You’ve put a lot of work into your event, and now your event page. Make your guests feel special by offering some special upgrades right on your event page by adding on one or all of the perks from our partners at Rent the Runway, Hotel Tonight or Uber.
Have you used any of these suggestions to build a custom event page? Share your tips (or event URL) in the comments below, and check back with us soon for our next New Year’s Eve tips!