You may not be paying your volunteers, but you can certainly count them among your most valuable resources. This is why it’s so important you manage volunteers properly and set them up for success. After all, they’ve committed their own time and energy to help make your event the best it can be. With the right motivation, they’re likely to be passionate promoters of your cause before, during, and after the event.
But enthusiasm doesn’t always translate to effectiveness. To make sure your volunteers are ready to help you create an awesome experience for your attendees, you’ll need to invest time and resources. And just like every other aspect of running an event, the more efficiently you can accomplish motivating and managing volunteers, the better the results will be.
With hands-on experience working with thousands of event directors and promoters across a wide range of event types, Eventbrite offers best practices and ideas to help build a strategy to manage volunteers effectively.
Download the report and find how to:
- Recruit volunteers early and garner their commitment.
- Ensure seamless communication between your organization and your volunteers before, during and after the event.
- Set expectations to avoid hiccups and walk-offs.
- Match the right person to the right job.
- Conduct an effective orientation and get volunteers ready to roll on the day of the event.
- Stay connected after the event and ensure their loyalty.