Eventbrite Security & Safety Guide
Eventbrite complies with PCI-DSS 2.0 Level 1 as both a Merchant and a Service Provider.
- Regularly audited by a Qualified Security Assessor (Coalfire, Inc.)
- Passes internal and external application and network penetration testing performed by independent security firms.
- Scanned daily by an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV)
- PCI Attestation of Compliance (AOC) and Quarterly Scan Attestation of Compliance are both available upon request.
- Eventbrite employs a cross-functional team responsible for oversight of PCI Compliance.
Eventbrite maintains a comprehensive privacy program. To us, this means that although we are required by law or regulation to do certain things, we are continually evaluating whether we can and should do more.
- We do not sell the personal information of our customers to third parties.
- We have a full time legal and security team focused on privacy and security issues.
- We voluntarily participate in the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor frameworks that require us to treat EU personal data with a higher standard than that required under US law.
Amazon EC2 hosts Eventbrite's production systems.
- PCI-DSS Level 1 Service Provider
- ISO 27001 certified
- Independently verified and audited
- SAS-70 Type II and SSAE16
- Read Amazon Web Services' Risk & Compliance for more information.
Web and Mobile Application Development
Eventbrite is committed to designing, building, and maintaining secure systems.
- All applications are regularly scanned for common security vulnerabilities including the OWASP Top Ten.
- Regular training on Secure Coding Practices is provided. All engineers must attend training sessions.
- No credit card information is permitted to be stored on any mobile device.
- Use of encryption for both storage and transmission of sensitive information is regularly audited by the Eventbrite Security Team.
- All web and mobile applications are primarily developed, tested, deployed, and maintained by a full-time, in-house engineering team.
Eventbrite uses strong encryption methods and key management procedures to ensure your sensitive information is protected.
- All credit card information is encrypted with strong industry-standard cryptographic protocols such as AES and SSL while in transit through our systems.
- Eventbrite's website and APIs are accessible via a 256-bit SSL certificate issued by Digicert.
- Credit card information is never stored after transaction authorization.
- Access to encryption keys is held by the smallest number of Eventbrite employees possible.
Eventbrite has taken appropriate measures to vet our employees.
- All employees are subject to reference, education, and other personnel checks. Certain employees are also subject to detailed background checks.
- Eventbrite maintains an information security training program that meets PCI-DSS standards and complies with the Massachusetts Privacy Law (201 CMR 17).
- Knowledgeable full-time security personnel are on staff.
- Require written acknowledgement by employees of their roles and responsibilities with respect to protecting user data and privacy.
While we don't anticipate there ever being a breach of our systems, we know that no computer system is perfectly secure.
- In the event of a breach of an Eventbrite information system, we have a detailed Incident Response plan in place.
- Periodic testing of the response plan.
- Eventbrite has 24x7 monitoring of its security systems and alerts.
Research and Disclosure
If you discover a vulnerability with Eventbrite's information systems, report it to us first!
- Report details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include full details and steps to reproduce.
- Do not attempt to harm Eventbrite, its users, or customer's data.
- Allow reasonable time for Eventbrite to resolve the issue before publishing findings publicly.
- If you wish to encrypt your email, use Eventbrite Security's GPG Key:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (Darwin)
mQINBE/iLWUBEADEkM+z/Oa2hBdiHKeDmeFdLlum5d0YGDKA75SWZ/MDlgC+sXZQ Iwrx9pVPkWjzWANoBsfdd5rq277UlO+TIzcegSmX/8qOQ7lkAhQCt6IFNS2JsTqi zof94pNCr5EU0Be3FZHwqRfgSjqNH8zqlOoHNIgVCVpwfhIt08pGxQ8HsYVzZeWg ymMbSURNB4qe6tUxsiW+/z+LmGUHhlKrcYgpsCJwofuRihgJ47D/SvkmnjHE8CpN VXgSOe/OxGkd/AbnYU+67d2p2GSlA4g3F0WLhT5W05zpcKI3RNOzaVeMo/xaVlBc hmYMst0JhmIo39MTdtzNe4zzgslMrv4zqhVSMjoOa2H527asY3wB39nuyHMuNjwa EHQTnTnOqcFq8UhCe1B0LsvrUeH+1LVajcnd6X+uIww5a+3yKbJdJvEHvEOjGgrd rsAyMU89GG2JCduH/ZZq4rueZ1VH6NRpZNzda22EsVQNqFYLI840yVbzgEpNrQyD 95Uj72KL59v8F7sFdQbxiAUlBCrRSzaDHn3N4FFj9PzHhBjlOFAcKcTQda0k3Q0p idwqSMIE65ES2Ykeo4/KVofAALOuyAbjX25r+7TkbJSne/fqtRIe5dymdg9r/QBn ZTJfJMLNsBtxr79KNuA744COXZlzTQ4qdAtUSoVTLn79I1MJSf8wqvuh5QARAQAB tCpTZWN1cml0eSBDb250YWN0IDxzZWN1cml0eUBldmVudGJyaXRlLmNvbT6JAjgE EwECACIFAk/iLWUCGwMGCwkIBwMCBhUIAgkKCwQWAgMBAh4BAheAAAoJEJynCLU1 GsYm1U0P/3T4MRl2BctVhVouuV90LpPhwhGear9yoVXM0bgZnTmITVRKQOD7cnxr XUKAhMd3AootFBpQ9L5+0sW4PtzwNhHzqt5PBChuiG/IVWWU5WxxrjBG4jb3xQ1M KxQFGj/sJboHXlPIAt3bDap39RxJggROJMqswHZj4xH60z/z31b5khoKUr4mK56x ZviU3nDuVvR4J/hJ8o7R94nf7NidsgQSjNLWhGcGibj9XpVvE7l7YKG3vj+oSJ6p gBUzXN27xl9OamraIEwlJk8kPHlBGyZcew6n2shfG8mGF8Xv/XsZHTvebUJVZO1f ZhIjNtT9ZBrRdN9v7YIEzyFyxAfoDgE95RZbV0H2Kgl5h5sHRx2ldRfmywm1tRx7 FrTJRLUe8UXdTAZqgkRMp9x47VjYaiqLOAn9C6twgFl11rAARc9XJETsWTZm0RD6 v6PljJgSuQWVsiKZGy6ir2e7+gxcPccbbUbij+YwWam0ymwfgMnTpHFKpGUdkBk4 Y8iXucUJ/V4mKYmH5OFkG/2PIwdhkdpPj1slqU8pu5PrSFgY2lcKqq192gr7MvLJ ARVUGq3jElnhOgNB3cP0Eg7v0KoU0Bsuq4pDqfHpgE+uYMBkXW09uu6PDZVDpyEJ bFxbpjIlqFej2kOM3yGDzOhRXNPFyAQmv72XqeGN37nqLx11WLR5uQINBE/iLWUB EADHcje1FAyryLoDVozWf8vV9snX99lpH8tUtSQOYA+4JUOjODm5OA0mzs4nlQun 4Mn9QTl1A6g7bIrxE4rZeAvCyE27tqyyHUSDjs6j2ur5S9oDcRo2k44+0C7rGirj BLetZ3axQ15DP4FKPOE1Hs5EewhthiZkQ9DwbS1iXZjH2cPUPjwH+KVNP+L/TM7d WqLcqW/f5Eu0MxgQWajmkBqX2k1HTRmsYeKUqRZ8/7gr7gkbro5t0qbn8wPiJR2f IzN40ky9T705obM+AxcnLAGwJ/T/Y1zoEiECLC97t1om7V0cYQn4h0fqnuVJLGF/ uMLW5hPp+2sOVuY5lPJS6zU5c+jRl/L6Xcbou5kuYW+v9RWc+ubfVer/qAW7LNnk 4ILr+2YVQMBeMZqF04YSRrCe8IuzP/JDAssKKSWE/tEUMwnSr6m9MBF54RERIJk4 zJ6jwIJTF532X0Z7Doi0trHKeHQGIiAzF4t4JBvei1b9B10eWy1XASu3DL4s0zfD ck1Fozk8f1N3RqNfWi9eIO27AlGbjLGXiQCe8S7PIuIvNcYSSsxmsfz0bcldsKeV pEd+Iij3BD/orkXYcpypYQ4M6MsibtvtJti6jQUwsJghLxSdqKM8xsN1k+ojJi1V izguoYs245vmUjwqglGDQukzh+KVcF97rA5A4ZJ8KFkgiwARAQABiQIfBBgBAgAJ BQJP4i1lAhsMAAoJEJynCLU1GsYmnXkQAKcPGqAgmWe5wLjfBde4gG8O2OSr33eu 4vmkWRKQ6kLrl2DDHR4sv4P7tZZ/YFG/IZlOEBplTVlOvxzfW6IEuEajhw2DoXh2 sO3de4soUli8M1XzceV+k5h+ZXt/7shNEoslMfdss1D84FGH33dUOzkgM6mUv2Pf luoKOw47PeYAQPc4PuvkIiXBI0TGClRD47gyZRtegpg4lt5IaOTj6XhyTbOGHC0G sxC3IAELRbpj6r6yNfQn70/6xFLhG1EqkUF2Ps4mqZsIxzAWt1nFrvntpUKZec96 aaKq977bM0PFWcLGNccfSEuZm2XbidjHbGvNx/d9d/nlKnMDyVeIy+OGqXB7lVow yt/DAYq0xbe/9zHXNTGR9isY2Ls/e2tDLLyWArBQ0hsQrASzYUIPq8XIV/Cqqv17 1sJqvKPhOLuu1brjpjgigIXPrlrUQ2Ef16DmMqciSNuRViFfrV4P7gSGXsiiClxW OH0TK5T5BUpHEzk6aGPO747tMRRsWxENi+Vk90xpjnQkw8JBa+tmGP1RxVnHBNfL 1f34LfabVbF/pcFCWb3rHTEtkd0IzhWl4Vg8lGuuSmBFGCKtPVMBW4uq7FQDqjlF JV8RBRCmRiYjsEpiQlWDiWz38oek/sRC79mh0BmY0b83IUZUpX6Tbtv8beXLXL7x k6k68scDc8ou =j7+z
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----