The National Islamic Association, Inc., was established in 1985 to serve a growing Muslim community. Over the years, it has spawned a very dynamic and diverse community of Muslims from all walks of life. Being an inner city community, one of our primary aims is to safeguard our youth from the many pitfalls that plague the youth of the inner cities across the country.
Our key strategy of achieving success is: a structured educational program, establishing positive alternatives and providing a wholesome environment for our youths. We seriously cater to the needs of our members and beyond with an array of effective educational, developmental, social and recreational activities and programs.
We participate and are spearheading many community outreach programs to serve our neighbors and the wider society; and are involved with the City wide community Programs
We will continue to work hard with our members, our neighbors, our block, the local religious groups and our city to improve the condition of our people, while working with our youths and helping our families.
Our Vision is to establish a Model Muslim community that strives to attain the highest ideals, by adhering to the Qur'an and the Sunnah. We will accomplish this Inshaa Allah, by the following Mission:
- Providing appropriate and comprehensive training and development for the community
- Developing and maintaining suitable and viable economic ventures that will help our community towards financial stability
- Providing premier social services that will enhance the well being of Muslims and non Muslims.
- Facilitating suitable recreational programs and activities to attract our members and improve their quality of life.
- Developing and maintaining an effective system for networking and public relations with other groups to promote NIA
- Inviting people to the religion of Islam
Different Councils have been established for these missions; members include brothers, sisters and youths.
Our Masjid has a full time Imaam and is managed by a Shurah Council and a Board of Trustees. We presently occupy two building; one for the brothers and the other for the sisters. However, construction has commenced on a New Masjid & Islamic Center to facilitate our growing community and needs.