12th Annual Miami short Film Festival
This year, the festival will run simultaneously from Friday, November 8 to Friday, November 15 in the bayfront oasis of Historic Coconut Grove at our main venue, The Paragon Grove 13 Theater and at Miami Beach Cinemateque
A Film Festival based in Miami, Florida that features short films (30-minutes or less each.)
- A growing movement to exhibit and expand the art form of short filmmaking
- A venue to engage the local community
Our Philosophy: Short films, past and present, are true works of art, and deserve a venue dedicated to their exhibition.
Our mission is to present quality films from around the world. As well as support, recognize and honor our filmmakers for their visionary excellence in creating a films under 30 minutes.
Serving as South Florida’s only short film festival, MsFF was founded to showcase Miami as a leader in contemporary filmmaking, and aims to exhibit the most captivating and innovative short content. In the process, MsFF hopes to build an audience for short film as well as indulge it’s current dedicated followers. For two weeks every fall thousands will flock to Miami for the screening of over 80 films from around the world, that have been organized “thematically” to give each shorts block an identity, and each audience member a reason to return night after night.
The Miami Short Film Festival is a dedicated contributor to the cultural arts, economy, and education of Miami-Dade County. Through a highly effective strategic partnership model, MsFF has introduced its unique programs and programming year-round into theaters, classrooms, businesses, and organizations throughout Miami-Dade County.
- Continually build audience for short film
- Cultivate the careers of film directors, producers and screenwriters working in the short independent film sector
- Increase diversity and collaboration in short film productions
- Create local projections and installations that feature international content
- Find and acknowledge innovative storytelling, Give short film an identity that differentiates the art from the classical big screen and modern transmedia platforms
- Expand awareness to local film happenings
- Connect local filmmakers and industry professionals
- Identify Miami as an epicenter for contemporary storytelling