Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat”
Edible Phoenix and ASU School of Nutrition and Health Promotion
Official Viewing Party
The second annual TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat” – an independently organized event, licensed by TED – is being held in New York City on Saturday, January 21, 2012. The Glynwood Institute for Sustainable Food and Farming is the lead sponsor of this one-day TEDx event that will explore the issues, the impacts and innovations happening in the world of food as we shift to a more sustainable way of eating and farming.
In Phoenix, Arizona, Edible Phoenix and the ASU School of Nutrition and Health Promotion will host an official viewing party of the 2012 event via a live simulcast, joining communities from around the globe that will also be hosting local viewing events.
Tickets are free for the event but your advance registration will ensure you receive a seat. Local food organizations will provide information and discussion during the breaks. We'd love to have y0u join us all day, but feel free to come and go as your schedule permits (you can also visit the nearby Phoenix Public Market during the morning break.)
8 am Doors open
8:30 am Webcast begins
10:05 am Information tables open
11:20 am Webcast resumes
1:15 pm Break and refreshments
1:45 pm Webcast resumes
3:35 pm Wrap up
Participating local non-profit food organizations include Devoured, Ignite Food, Local First Arizona, Slow Food Phoenix, Community Food Connections and more!
Many thanks to Palette, Phoenix Public Market, Poppa Maize and Scramble for supplying refreshments.
This world-class line-up of speakers is not to be missed! Join us for inspiring live talks from:
- Patty Cantrell, Organizer, Regional Food Solutions
- Marianne Cufone, Executive Director, Recirculating Farms Coalition
- Dr. Mitchell Davis, Vice President, The James Beard Foundation
- Wenonah Hauter, Executive Director, Food & Water Watch
- Michelle Hughes, Director of GrowNYC’s New Farmer Development Project
- Fred Kirschenmann, Distinguished Fellow, LeopoldCenter for Sustainable Agriculture, IowaStateUniversity
- Dr. Robert Lawrence, Center for a Livable Future Professor, Professor of Environmental Health Sciences, Health Policy, and International Health at the JohnsHopkinsBloombergSchool of Public Health and Professor of Medicine at the JohnsHopkinsSchool of Medicine
- Paul Lightfoot, Chief Executive Officer, BrightFarms
- Gary Oppenheimer, Founder, AmpleHarvest.org
- Wayne Pacelle, President & CEO, The Humane Society of the United States
- Cara Rosaen, Co-Founder, Real Time Farms
- Urvashi Rangan, Director of Consumer Safety and Sustainability Group Consumers Union
- Dr. David Wallinga, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
For more information about TEDx Manhattan, visit www.tedxmanhattan.org ; media can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 281.980.6643.