Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Umbraco Training - Seattle, August 16-17 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010 at 9:00 AM (PDT)
Find Out More about the Umbraco Master Courses here
Or, read on about the course details below...
Teacher: Paul Sterling
Target Audience: Designers, Web Developers
Date: August 16-17, 2010 at 9.00 - 16.30
Location: The Seattle Public Library
Requirements: To get the most of out the course, we recommend that you bring your own laptop. If you can't let us know.
Learn how to implement websites fast without compromising designs. This two-day course will go through the basics of umbraco from a designer/developer point of view. You'll learn best practices on multi-lingual sites, creation of re-usable navigations and lists, input via the AutoForm and even end up loving XSLT. We'll also go through some of the popular packages and other productivity tricks.
Agenda - updated to cover Umbraco 4.5 functionality:
- Understanding the umbraco basics - Runway/Modules, Document Types, Templates and Macros (including usage of the new Masterpages functionality)
- Creating a simple website from scratch
- Understanding XSLT - creating a news "module"
- Creating multi-language websites including coverage of Dictionary Items and Languages
- Advanced properties: Re-use of properties and recursive usage of properties
- Two-way feedback using AutoForms and Notifications
- Optimizing markup for Canvas Editing
- Great Packages: Implementing full-text searching and mail forms
In other word, after two hard days in the dojo, you'll be able to create multi-lingual websites, blogs, news sites and even two-way communication without any need for .NET skills
This course covers everything you'll need to know to pass the Umbraco Developer Level 1 Certification