Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Friends of the Chicago River- DONATE NOW! (Join or Renew Your Membership)
As a community-based organization, it is important for Friends of the Chicago River to have a large group of members who support our efforts. Beyond your financial contribution, membership shows that you support our work to improve the Chicago River for animals, plants, and humans who call it home.
All Friends of the Chicago River members receive:
- A subscription to Friends’ River Reporter newsletter, filled with important information on issues that effect the Chicago River plus a calendar of river-related events;
- Volunteer bulletins and other opportunities for hands-on involvement;
- Invitations to special events like Chicago River Day, the Big Fish Ball, and Chicago River Flatwater Classic;
- Discounts on Friends’ canoe trips;
- Listing in our Annual Report;
And perhaps most significantly,
- The reward of knowing that your membership contribution has a direct impact on improving the Chicago River's health and vitality.
Business members also receive a certificate showing your customers and employees that you care about the environment and the Chicago River.
Donors of $250 and above are eligible for additional recognition opportunities and more! Those with support of $1,000 and above for the year are also included on an annual plaque at our McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum. Naming opportunities at the Bridgehouse Museum are available as well.
Discounted memberships, including: Prairie Dropseed, Purple Coneflower, and White-fringed Orchid receive enews, but do not receive mail or other membership benefits.
Your support can go even further if your company has a matching gift program. Just request and complete the employee section of your company's matching gift form, then send it to Friends. We'll do the rest!
For information about making a stock contribution, Friends' endowment fund, planned giving, and/or tribute and legacy gifts, please contact Mary Beth Sova at (312) 939-0490, ext. 19, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of the Chicago River is a nonprofit, 501©(3) organization.
Contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Friends of the Chicago River
For over three decades, Friends of the Chicago River has helped create a greener, more accessible, and better cared for river. Friends is a nonprofit organization.