Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Hadoop Summit 2010: Administrator Training + Certification
Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 9:00 AM - Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Clara, CA
This training session will cover the system administration aspects of Hadoop from installation and configuration to load balancing and tuning, to diagnosing and solving problems in your deployment. At the end of the course, attendees will have the option to take a certification exam documenting your understanding of the concepts taught at the training session.
Basic linux system administration experience is a prerequisite for this training session.
During this session, we will cover the following agenda:
- About This Course
- About Cloudera
- Course logistics/administrivia
- An Introduction To Hadoop And HDFS
- Why Hadoop?
- Hive, Pig, HBase and other sub-projects
- Planning Your Hadoop Cluster
- General Planning Considerations
- Choosing The Right Hardware
- Node Topologies
- Choosing The Right Software
- Deploying Your Cluster
- Installing Hadoop
- Typical Configuration Parameters
- Hands-On Exercise: Install a pseudo-distributed Hadoop Cluster
- Cluster Maintenance
- Starting and stopping MapReduce jobs
- Hands-On Exercise: Using the JobTracker UI to start and kill jobs
- Checking HDFS with fsck
- Copying data with distcp
- Rebalancing cluster nodes
- Adding and removing cluster nodes
- Backup And Restore
- Upgrading and Migrating
- Scheduling Jobs
- The FIFO Scheduler
- The Fair Scheduler
- Hands-On Exercise: Using Fair Scheduler
- Cluster Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- General system profiling
- Using the NameNode UI to inspect the filesystem
- Monitoring with Ganglia
- Other monitoring tools
- Hadoop Log Files
- Benchmarking Your Cluster
- Typical problems
- Useful alerts
- Dealing with a corrupt NameNode
- Installing And Managing Other Hadoop Projects
- Populating HDFS From Databases Using Sqoop
- What is Sqoop?
- Sqoop command-line options
- Hands-On Exercise: Importing data from MySQL
- Certification Exam
When & Where
Cloudera brings Hadoop to enterprise users. We provide a certified distribution based on the most recent stable release from Apache, online and live training, as well as commercial support.