Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Hadoop Summit 2010: Developer Training + Certification
Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 9:00 AM - Thursday, July 1, 2010 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Clara, CA
This is an intermediate-level session for developers that want to leverage Hadoop and MapReduce. Developers will understand the MapReduce framework and how to write programs against its API. In addition to learning how to write individual MapReduce jobs, we will discuss design techniques for larger workflows. Finally, we'll discuss advanced skills for debugging MapReduce programs and optimizing their performance. This training will be augmented by hands-on exercises.
If you have no prior experience with Hadoop, you will want to take our one-day Introduction to Hadoop course. If you'd like to go deeper after this session, you might also consider one-day courses on HBase or Hive / Sqoop.
- Leveraging Hadoop and MapReduce
- MapReduce and HDFS
- Hands-on Exercise: Getting familiar with Hadoop
- Programming with Hadoop
- Hands-on Exercise: running a MapReduce job
- Augmenting Existing Systems with Hadoop
- Hadoop rarely replaces existing infrastructure, but rather enables you to do more with your data by providing a scalable batch processing system. This lecture helps you understand how it all fits together.
- Best Practices for Data Processing Pipelines
- In order for Hadoop to crunch large volumes of data, first you'll need to get that data into Hadoop. This lecture will help you understand how to import different types of data from various sources into Hadoop for further analysis.
- Debugging MapReduce Programs
- Debugging in the distributed environment is challenging. This lecture will expose you to best practices for program design to mitigate debugging challenges, as well as local testing tools and techniques for debugging at scale.
- Advanced Hadoop API
- This lecture probes into the API, covering custom data types and file formats, direct HDFS access, intermediate data partitioning, and other tools such as the DistributedCache.
- Optimizing MapReduce Programs
- We'll use the Cloudera Training VM to work through an example where you write a MapReduce program and improve its performance using techniques explored earlier.
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer exam
When & Where
Cloudera brings Hadoop to enterprise users. We provide a certified distribution based on the most recent stable release from Apache, online and live training, as well as commercial support.