Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Corporate Director's Fiduciary Role and Management's Relationship
Monday, March 18, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This training on corporate risk management oversight will highlight the evolving role of today’s Corporate Board Director and the need for risk management extending past management established Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and GRC processes.
Why Should You Attend:
Having an active, strong and communicative Board of Directors who place proper focus on risk management and compliance initiatives is now considered the expected norm for all companies, irrespective of their classification as a public, private, not-for-profit or other entity. Understanding of a Director’s fiduciary duty extends far beyond the CEO and CFO. It is imperative that compliance, risk, audit and legal personnel as well as an extension of senior management know the requirements that Directors are held to. This knowledge provides further transparency and information sharing into the corporate governance veil.
This session on effective risk management processes will look at how increased regulatory scrutiny and compliance requirements have impacted the ways in which the board and the management must execute their fiduciary role to meet the expectations of shareholders, customers and communities. We will also focus on the critical topic of communication link between the board, management, internal and external auditors as well as the corporate culture as a whole.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
This webinar on risk management process will discuss the following topics:
- Recent governance scandals
- Risk management expectations and oversight role of management and the board
- Expected corporate governance principles and managements roles
- Managing communications and relations with the Board
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.