Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Political Contributions and Prohibitions on the Municipal Securities Business
Thursday, March 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This municipal securities compliance training will clearly explain the MSRB (Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board) Rule-37, discuss the key elements of political contribution restrictions and prohibitions on the municipal securities business, disclosure requirements, violations and how to prevent them.
Why Should You Attend:
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) Rule G-37 was enacted to ensure the standards and integrity of the municipal securities industry are maintained and to detect and prevent fraudulent activities and violations. The rule's complexities have caused several firms to violate its requirements, resulting in bans in negotiated and/or financial advisory business as well as payments of very large fines.
This training module draws on the expertise of veteran municipal securities compliance officers with over 40 years combined regulatory experience. In addition to discussing in detail, the elements of political contribution restrictions and prohibitions on the municipal securities business, this course will use real-world case studies to enhance your understanding of the material that can be immediately applied in the workplace. Attendees will learn the disclosure requirements for political contributions in the municipal securities business. The course will also discuss how a ban on the municipal securities business works if a political contribution violation occurs.
This training goes beyond reading the written rules and regulations from the manual. At the end of the session, a learning assessment will be conducted and our instructor will address attendees’ questions related to MSRB rule-37.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Political contribution restrictions.
- How a BAN on the municipal securities business works if a political contribution violation occurs.
- What individuals are covered and require compliance with MSRB Rule G-37.
- Regulatory guidelines on immunogenicity of biologics; FDA, ICH, CHMP, EMEA.
- Prohibition on soliciting and coordinating/bundling political contributions.
- Prohibited from circumvention the Rule.
- Indirect contribution.
- Political party payments.
- Disclosure requirements on political contribution and municipal securities business activities.
- Real-world case studies.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.