Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
FAIR TRADE COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITIES REGIONAL CONFERENCE @ Siena College
Friday, April 13, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
Join us for Siena College's 2nd Annual Fair Trade Colleges and Universities Northeast Regional Conference! The conference will bring together students and faculty/administrators who are involved in fair trade campaigns on their campuses, or who just want to learn more about fair trade. The aim of the conference is to harness of power of our institutions to raise awarness about the fair trade movement and increase the personal and institutional commitment to Fair Trade practices. Ultimately we strive to facilitate life changing benefits for farmers, workers and artisans in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The conference will have student panels, faculty research and a Fair Trade Bazaar!
Friday, April 13, 2012:
9:00am - Registration opens (coffee available)
9:20am – Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:30-10:15am Session 1
· Fair Trade 101 – Kim Andersen (proprietor of Mango Tree Imports and member of the Ballston Spa Fair Trade Town Steering Coalition)
· Student Panel: Real Food Challenge and Food Justice – Ben Thomas (Siena College), Sarah Arndt (Skidmore College)
10:15-10:30am Fair Trade coffee break
10:30-11:15am Session 2
· Student Panel: Achieving and working towards Fair Trade College and University Status - Ben Thomas (Siena College), Katrina Delaney (Bridgewater State), Mariana Villegas and Rebecca Dougherty(Culinary Institute of America), Hilary Krombel (Manhattan College)
· Weaving Economic Justice: Solidarity with Jolom Mayaetik-Mayan Women’s Weaving Cooperative, Chiapas, Mexico – Katherine O’Donnell (Professor of Sociology at Hartwick College)
11:15-11:30am Fair Trade coffee break
11:30-12:15pm Session 3
· Socially Conscious and Eco-Friendly Clothing and Lifestyle Choice- Dustin Stiffer and Catherine Espiritu (Siena College Students)
· Fair Trade as an example in a Basic Microeconomics course - Gwendolyn Tedeschi (Assistant Professor of Economics at Manhattan College)
12:15-12:45pm Lunch (included in registration)
12:45-1:30pm Human Trafficking and Fair Trade - Love 146 Keynote
1:30pm Music by Tightly Wound String Band
12:30-3:00pm Fair Trade Bazaar and Juried Art Show
2:30 – Fair Trade Audience Choice Art Awards
Vendors from Mayan Hands, 10,000 Villages, Mango Tree, Jolom Mayaetik, Equal Exchange, Topknots Farms and CRS
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.