Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Social Media Compliance for Healthcare Organizations
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This healthcare social media compliance training will educate particpants on HIPAA compliant usage of social media in healthcare settings. It will explain how to avoid HIPPA violations that arise from improper usage of social media and the resulting penalties and lawsuits.
Why Should You Attend:
- How does your practice use social media?
- How do your employees use it?
- Do you have policies in place to use social media without violating HIPAA regulations?
- Are your staff well trained in Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media use?
Social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn are increasingly being used by health care organizations to engage with patients and physicians, build brands, and communicate information to the larger community. Many healthcare organizations are using social media to upload inappropriate posts and subsequently triggering data breaches.
This webinar will cover regulations under the HIPAA/HITECH act that can be applied to social media usage. We will discuss risks and pitfalls and ducate particpants on HIPAA compliant usage of social media in your healthcare setting. You will learn how to avoid HIPPA violations that arise from improper usage of social media and the resulting penalties and lawsuits.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- HIPAA/HITECH Privacy regulations.
- Ways in which physicians use social media.
- Ways in which the Healthcare Organizations use social media.
- Risks involved in using Social Media.
- Best practices to follow while using social media without violating HIPAA.
- Essential ePHI elements to avoid in the social media sites.
- Training essentials for the Healthcare staff on using social media.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.