Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
It's February... The month of LOVE....... Please come out and emulate the love of Jesus with the community..
When: Saturday, February 16, 2013
Time: 8:30 am
Where: East Parking Lot - Desert Vineyard Church 1011 East Ave I, Lancaster, CA. 93535
PIZZA WILL BE PROVIDED FOR LUNCH !!!!!
Our projects for this month include:
1. Building a ramp and gate for a hanicap man.
2. Fixing steps, railing, and fence for elderly lady.
3. Fix locks, haul away bed to dump, and transport a large TV to a church members home.
4. Pressure wash the church courtyard and spray sealant
5. Fix sliding glass door on a mobile home.
We will need someone to volunteer use of their truck to haul bed and TV.
Definition of Volunteer Positions
– Someone who is a General Contractor or crew leader in the construction industry. You must have the ability to create material lists, plan and build small projects such as stairs, porches, handicap ramps, etc. You will also need to be capable of leading small teams of volunteers with both experienced and inexperienced workers.
– Someone who has general knowledge and/or experience in home construction or repair, with the ability to use common tools such as hammers, saws, etc..
- Someone who has a heart to serve in whatever area they can. You may generally help the construction guys as directed, paint; pull weeds, sweep, and clean-up. Help wherever needed. A catch all type of person.
Tools to bring if they have:
Tools for building ramp:,
Corded or cordless power tools such as drills, skill saw, jig saw, sawzall, chop saw and nailers.
Hand tools such as ratched, sockets, mini sockets, mini crowbars, assorted bits, chisels, hand saws and whatever favorite tool you might want to bring along.
We strongly recommend that you bring hammers, screwdrivers, and wear safety equipment such as gloves, ear protection and safety goggles.
Tools for Yard Clean up or General Property Clean up:
Leave Rakes, rock rakes, brooms, hula hoes, cutting shears, chainsaws, shovel, pruning shears, gloves, plastic trash cans and whatever favorite tool or equipment you want to bring along.
Helping Hands Ministry will supply all required lumber, fasteners, trashbags, paint, painting supplies, etc. AND PIZZA!!