Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
$888 Special Pricing for Certified ScrumMaster Training By Heitor Roriz Filho in Boston, MA (May 13-14, 2013)
Monday, May 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course and the corresponding evaluation designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
Our CSM training is focused on Scrum basics and the ScumMaster role. Besides the basic concepts the training includes discussions and group dynamics about the necessary soft skills for a ScrumMaster, aspects of technical excellence for the Scrum Team, and company-oriented Scrum implementation aspects.
This training brings our CST experience as public and private university lecturer, Informatics course coordinator, and hands-on professional in the industry for more than 15 years from which 7 years in Agile/Scrum only either as ScrumMaster, Product Owner or developer
Total work hours: 16h.
Target audience: Project Managers, Software Developers, Functional Managers, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Engineers and Architects, executives.
Prerequisites: Experience with project management.
Exam: At the end of the training an 1-hour long exam is given in order to assess students acquired knowledge. This exam is based on the official CSM Exam given by the ScrumAlliance. The certification does not depend on this exam’s final results.
1. Definition of Scrum: Basic Scrum background and framework, principles and values which ensure the correct understanding of Scrum.
2. Scrum theory: The three legs of Scrum theory (transparency, inspection and adaptation) are explanied. Resultant and fundamental values are examined in details: responsibility, self-organization and self-management, sense of urgency, commitment, technical excellence, rhythm, discipline, respect and courage.
3. Scrum framework: The meetings, artifacts and roles that make up the Scrum process.
4. Scrum practices: Estimation, planning, user stories, planning poker, prioritization techniques and other practices which are commonly used in Scrum.
5. Agile Leadership: What is it and why is it important for a ScrumMaster? Common models of Leadership.
6. Coaching and facilitation: What is it and why is it important for a ScrumMaster? Common models of Leadership.
7. ScrumMaster's Soft Skills: Helpful hints and techniques for building high performing teams, conflict management, practical techniques for the daily work of a ScrumMaster.
8. Scrum Evolution: Applying Scrum in more than one project, Scrum with geographically distributed teams (real cases), Scrum of Scrums, Product Owner configuration, Scrum beyond software, Scrum and pre-defined techniques like PMBOK, CMMI.
9. Other topics as required by the attendees.
About the Instructor
Heitor Roriz Filho is an "agilero". He currently works as an Agile Coach and Trainer worldwide, based in Sao Paulo. He is a writer, speaker and trainer in the area of Technology Management. He has been dealing with Agile since 2004 and in addition to speaking for Agile/Scrum, Six Sigma and PMI conferences, he is the founder activist of the ScrumAmazonia user group. He worked for 3 years as a ScrumMaster and Product Owner for FPF and Siemens-Mobile where he also coached teams to implement and improve Scrum in projects.
Heitor is a passionate for Agile and Scrum. He truly believes Agile can change the way we work achieving excellence levels of precision and performance. He is very interested in Agile Leadership and Agile Project Management as levers of improving our ways of work.
When & Where
Conscires Agile Practices
Conscires Agile Practices provides Agile Assessment, Coaching and Mentoring, Consulting, and Training. Our focus is to support you in choosing the right Agile practices for the success of your organization.
Conscires’ mission is to create transparent and collaborative organizations where employees are empowered to make their own decisions and take ownership for their work. This environment will improve the overall morale of the company and boost productivity. It starts with coaching the managers to become better leaders and reducing the noise that causes competing priorities and distractions to allow these leaders to set clear goals that can easily be followed by the team.