Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Accounting Standard Best Practices for Payroll
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
The processing of an employee’s paycheck from gross to net must be done in a strict yet varying regulatory environment. This webinar focuses on the account standard best practices for the payroll process with valuable information that will help your company avoid compliance issues and potential fines.
Why Should You Attend:
Accounting payroll procedures help senior managers ensure that staff-compensation amounts included in financial statements are accurate and complete and conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and international financial reporting standards (IFRS). IFRS and U.S. GAAP require accountants to include payroll data as expense items in the statement of profit and loss. A controller must be aware of the regulations which must be followed to ensure compliance that will prevent audits resulting in penalties, fines and interest, varying because the process is controlled by several entities on both the federal and state levels.
This webinar focuses on the account standard best practices for the payroll process. It provides valuable information that will help your company avoid compliance issues and potential fines.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Payroll Compliance Considerations
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Withholding, Depositing and Reporting of Wages and Taxes
- Salaries, Wages, and Overtime Pay
- Payroll Withholdings: Taxes and Benefits Paid by Employees
- Payroll Taxes, Cost, and Benefits Paid by Employers
- Payroll Business Process Risks and Challenges
- Questions and Discussion
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.