The rules are tried and true, and there’s a logic to them that goes deeper than you might think to create a safe, fun environment for people to connect. At a Truthful Touch (aka Cuddle Party) event, the first 40 minutes or so includes an explanation of the rules that you can put to use everyday. Intrigued? Come check it out!
And with no further ado…
ARRIVE ON TIME: Once we begin the Welcome Circle and orientation, sorry, we can let no one enter late. This creates comfort and safety by knowing that everyone is on the same page about rules and expectations.
WHAT TO WEAR: Pajamas or sweats– nothing too risqué. Think more comfy than sexy. (More drawstrings, less lace! No shorts or nighties please.)
WHAT TO BRING: Sorry, no liquor folks. Juice or sparkling cider is always welcome as are treats and snacks to share. A pillow or stuffed animal if you like. Otherwise, just bring your smiling self.
STICK TO THE RULES:
- Pajamas stay on the whole time.
- You don’t have to touch anyone at Truthful Touch, ever.
- You must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone. (Be as specific in your request as you can.)
- If you’re a yes, say YES. If you’re a no, say NO.
- If you’re a maybe, say NO.
- You are encouraged to change your mind.
- Respect your relationship agreements and communicate with your partner.
- Get your Facilitator or the Assistant if you have a question or concern or need assistance with anything during the event.
- Tears and laughter are both welcome.
- Respect people’s privacy when sharing about Truthful Touch.
- Keep the Cuddle space tidy