Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
February 2013 TSGI Sensory & Communication Preschool Information Session
Thursday, February 28, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
Join us to learn more about The Speech Garden Institute's Communication and Sensory Preschool!
Continuing our tradition of classroom-based communication therapy, The Speech Garden Institute now offers an intensive preschool program to prepare children for Kindergarten. FOUR class options are available:
- Children age two are introduced to a classroom setting with building social language skills. literacy, and music are a daily focus. Classes meet two half-days a week.
- Children ages three and four learn in small classes, lead by a speech-language pathologist. Our preschool has a heavy focus on sensory needs, with much learning occurring outside and in other sensory environments. Our program runs three half-days, with one day each week devoted to 'Community Based Instruction'- therapy out and about in our community.
- Children age four can opt for our new four half-day a week option. Smaller, more intensive practice of vocabulary and concepts.
- Our Traditional Kindergarten focuses on preparing children for admission to kindergarten in a typical classroom with little or no extra support. This class meets five half-days. This class is also led by a certified SLP with a heavy focus on sensory needs. One day each week will be 'out and about' - therapy in the community.
We are sure that you have many questions (and perhaps some requests), and we are happy to answer them.
Participants in this free session will learn:
- Our core beliefs and how they drive our program objectives.
- How we address communication and sensory delays in the classroom setting.
- Details on our academic and social curriculum.
- Why we spend so much time outside!
- How and why we partner with an existing preschool program.
- The admissions process and who attends and why.
- Details on the class options, staffing, and daily operations.
- How we address and incorporate sensory needs into our curriculum (with certified OT).
Please plan to join us for a free information session to learn more.