Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
REVIVE! (12-week Wellness Program)
Monday, February 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM - Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM (CST)
Have you tried "everything" and nothing seems to stick? Are you being confronted with having to take a medication and want to use a natural approach instead of a pill? Are you looking to improve your energy levels and vitality? Are you interested in natural foods and want to learn how to eat in balance for LIFE?
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, the Naturally Nourished for Life is a great avenue to accomplish your goals!
This 12-week program will offer a unique approach to wellness including:
- Six 90-minute meetings (held every other week)
- Food-as-Medicine lecture with Ali Miller, RD, LD, CDE
- Interactive group discussion/activity
- Food demonstrations/tastings
- Weekly recipe packet
- Ongoing email communication
- Eating to Boost your metabolism, increase lean body mass and burn fat, increase and regulate energy levels
- Inflammation: the silent killer, Foods to soothe the system, Healing your heart with natural foods (lowering cholesterol and blood pressure)
- Taming your sugar cravings, Mastering glycemic index, Natural sweeteners 101, Ways to balance blood sugar for sustainable energy throughout the day
- Fight Cancer with your Fork! Superfoods for antioxidant support, Importance of organics and how toxins effect you!, Mixing up your Salads
- Volumetrics for sustainable weight loss results, Dining Out, Tips, tricks, and navigating menus, Eat this Not that
- Grocery Store Navigation, Label lingo, Ingredients to be aware of, Good/better/best options
- Identifying food allergies and improving digestional health (Are your food sensitivities making you fat?)
- Stress: developing balanced coping mechanisms, foods that decrease stress levels, how stress effects your risk for disease
- Setting SMART goals for long term results, Discovering barriers to wellness, Identifying ways to maintain accountability, Develop your 15-minute activity routine
- Healthy meals in a FLASH, How to make your wellness goals a reality, Workshop on menu planning
When & Where
Naturally Nourished Ali Miller, RD
Naturally Nourished uses food-as-medicine approaches to disease prevention, sustainable weight loss, and successful treatment outcomes. Ali Miller is a registered dietitian, natural foods chef, certified weight management specialist, and therapeutic lifestyle healthcare practitioner. Ali has combined the strengths of both naturopathic and conventional fields, practicing functional medicine that is guided by nature, yet grounded in clinical scientific discovery. Ali is featured bi-weekly on Fox 26 providing food-as-medicine information, healthy recipes, and wellness tips!