Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Clinical Study Enrollment Metrics and Their Financial Impacts
Friday, February 22, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This clinical study enrollment metrics training will explain the process for implementing and assessing enrollment metrics and linking them to the financial picture of a clinical trial.
Why Should You Attend:
In most large clinical studies, programs, or departments, it is very hard to continuously be aware of the enrollment status and financial impact during the management of a study.
Clinical Research Managers are being asked to always be aware of their study status, but frequently they are focused mainly on the enrollment status and timelines and only look at the financial impact when invoices come due or when there is a realization that more money is needed. Budgets need to be reviewed in parallel with enrollment so that people are aware of costs and can readily answer questions about the budget so that emergency meetings about costs can be avoided. Identifying and tracking the accrual of budgetary spending is becoming a critical task for a CRM.
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all pharmaceutical/biotech/medical device and or CRO companies in developing their CRM study management reports. The focus will be upon identifying the most relevant metrics and tying them to the budget so that a clear picture can be seen and trends identified so that decisions can be made to ensure to staying within budget.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
The webinar will include the following critical information you will need:
- Study Enrollment measures/metrics.
- Investigational site budgets connection to enrollment.
- Investigational site performance measures.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.