Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Hawai‘i Architectural Modernism Featured at 2013 Palace Lecture Series
Weekly Event - Every Thursday: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (PST)
EXPERTS LECTURE SERIES TO HIGHLIGHT HAWAI‘I MODERNISM
The 27th Annual Experts at the Palace lecture series will focus on Hawai‘i Architectural Modernism. The free weekly lecture will run from January 31 – March 7, 2013 on Thursdays, from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m. in the Kanaina (Old Archives) Building on ‘Iolani Palace Grounds.
- January 31st: Louis Fung, AIA (Fung Associates, Inc.): “The Foundation of the Modern Movement in Hawai‘i: Modernism in American Architecture”
- February 7th: Don Hibbard, Ph.D.: "Evaluating Mid-Century Low-Rise Apartments in Hawai‘i”
- February 14th: Kiersten Faulkner, AICP (Historic Hawaii Foundation): “The Unique Challenges, Threats and Opportunities Facing Modern Historic Resources”
- February 21st: Glenn Mason, AIA (Mason Architects, Inc.): “Technical Innovation and the Emergence of New Building Materials in Mid-20th Century Architecture”
- February 28th: Tonia Moy, AIA (Fung Associates, Inc.): “The Range of Modern Architectural Resources in Hawai‘i, 1939-1979”
- March 7th: Angie Westfall, AIA (State Historic Preservation Division): "Surveying Hawai‘i’s Mid-Century Subdivisions”
Sponsored by the Historic Preservation Program, Department of American Studies,
University of Hawaii Manoa; Friends of ‘Iolani Palace; and Historic Hawaii Foundation
Questions about the event?
Call Historic Hawaii Foundation at 523-2900 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org