Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Golden Gate Bridge Swim (May), San Francisco
Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 6:00 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Swim the length of the Golden Gate Bridge. Jump off the boat on the ocean side of San Francisco, swim north, cross under the Bridge, and finish on the Bay side of the bridge, in the water off of Sausalito. Swim is limited to three swimmers per boat, so spaces are limited! View the course map on our website under Open Water Programs, Expeditions (http://swim-art.com/expeditions.html).
This is an advanced level, 1.5-mile swim. You will swim across a strong current, in very rough water.
- must be able to swim 1 mile without stopping
- must have completed at least two open water swims
- must be able to swim one mile in 50 minutes or less.
- experience in rough water is very helpful
- Lots of warm clothes and a hat to put on after you swim
- Bottle of warm water to clean the sand off your feet off after the swim
- Body Glide or Vaseline (if you don't have any we'll have some extra, too)
- Swim Suit
- Wetsuit (optional)
- Earplugs, if your ears are at all sensitive to the water
- Trash bag to take your wet wetsuit home in
Spectator spaces are limited. Please indicate during registration whether or not you wish to bring a spectator.
For at additional $50 you may hire a private kayak escort.
REFUNDS: You must give your credit card information to Eventbrite at the time you register. We will offer a full refund, in the form of a check, up to seven days before the trip, with a $2 processing fee.The refund does not include the Eventbrite fees incurred by Swim Art. After seven days, no refund will be offered. You may transfer your registration to another swim (of equal value) with no extra charge, at least 24 hours before the date of the swim you are not doing.
Cancellations: We reserve the right to cancel a swim if we do not meet the minimum requirement of 4 swimmers. We also reserve the right to cancel a swim if the weather conditions make the swim unsafe.
When & Where
Swim Art offers open water swimming programs in the San Francisco Bay, and beyond. We specialize in instructional clinics and expedition swims. For 9 years, we have shared our love of open water swimming with others by offering challenging swims and new experiences, and helping people learn the skills they need to be successful in the open water.