Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Finding Out The Truth in Investigatory Interviews: Falsehoods, Deceptions, Omissions and Interference
Thursday, March 14, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar will cover how to handle the investigatory interviews to find out the truth. The session will discuss the difference between misinterpreted recollection vs. purposeful distortion and how to get to the bottom of the situation.
Why Should You Attend:
Employers conduct investigations for a variety of reasons; employee complaints, background checks, allegations of misconduct, losses of various types. The shared primary purpose of these investigations is the same - to find out the true facts of a situation to determine a course of action to take - or to not take.
In these investigations, employers often depend heavily upon employee’s recollections. Most employees will do their best to be forthcoming, and recount truthful and factual information to the best of their abilities. So how do you know when you’ve got all the accurate facts? That all witnesses have been forthcoming? Or haven’t purposefully given misrepresentations of the facts? If you’re talking to someone to find out what they know, that you don’t - how would you know what information if any that a witness distorted, left out or used to purposefully misinform? How is an investigator to know the difference between someone’s inaccurate recollections vs. purposeful misrepresentation?
By attending this webinar you will be able to understand the aforementioned and handle the investigatory interviews.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- How to tell the difference between misinterpreted recollections vs. purposeful distortion or even providing misinformation.
- Telling the difference between a witness’s selective memories vs. human forgetfulness.
- Finding out if the investigator didn’t ask an understandable, good question vs. a witness’s purposeful omission.
- How to start an interview so most witnesses will be truthful and forthcoming from the beginning.
- How to get to facts that were omitted whether purposefully or not.
- Getting to the bottom of inference and untangling the web of deception.
- The best defense is a good offense mindset – Interviewing those who disorder, complicate, blow up and back track.
- Leave the TV shows out - The 5 best ways to tell if someone is lying to you.
- How to ask good questions to get good answers.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.