Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
How to Investigate Malpractice Insurance Risk - Personal Liability, Errors and Omissions
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar will highlight the fundamentals of malpractice insurance, commonly known as professional liability insurance or Errors and Omissions (E&O).
Why Should You Attend:
A risk manager needs to know which policy provisions to insist on and which to avoid. He or she should also know how to counter typical insurance company defenses once a claim is filed. Risk managers should also be aware of how to keep an insurance company on board while settling a suit. While professional liability insurance provides essential liability protection to professionals as well as their firms or companies, understanding the policies and navigating the claims process is complicated. This 90 minute session will review the current and emerging malpractice liability risks faced by professionals in fields such as medicine, law, design (architects and engineers) and finance. It will provide attendees an understanding of how to investigate malpractice insurance and to implement a malpractice risk management process.
At the end of the session, the instructor will handle attendees’ specific questions relating to liability risks.
Areas Covered in The Webinar:
This online training will cover the following areas:
- Key policy language issues include "severability" of coverage for insured not implicated in wrongdoing; integrating professional liability coverage with other policies that commonly have professional liability exclusions, including Directors and Officers (D&O) liability or general liability policies.
- Coverage issues include control over the defense and settlement of claims; insurers' obligation to advance defense costs and attempts to avoid doing so; and the scope of "bad acts" exclusions.
- Settlement issues include satisfying the insurers’ desire for information and right to "participate" in a settlement, as well as whether settling with the primary insurance company can arguably endanger excess coverage.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.