Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Role of the Board in Oversight of Enterprise Risk
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This online training will highlight the evolution of EnterpriseRisk Management and the importance of ERM in meeting board fiduciary responsibilities. It will also discuss the rationale and mechanisms for ensuring effective risk management through the board.
EnterpriseRisk Management(ERM) is increasingly recognized as an important element of managing risk in a manner that optimizes value for the overall organization.This webinar will emphasize the principles of ERM and will distinguish ERM from the more general concept of “risk management”. It will also address the role of the board in risk management in general and Enterprise Risk Management in particular. This 90 minute session will provide the attendees information on how the ERM has evolved and what are the associated responsibilities and mechanisms for effectiverisk management through the board.
At the end of the session, instructor will handle participant’s specific questions related to the topic. This webinar will cover the following topics relating to ERM:
The role of effectiverisk management in maximizing organizational value
- Challenges for and shortcomings of traditional risk management
- The role of ERM in filling the gap in effective risk management
- Principles for implementing effective risk management
- The role of the board in monitoring institutional risk through ERM
- The role of the board in oversight of ERM processes
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.