Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Marketing Compliance for Pharma Management
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This pharma marketing compliance training will review recent marketing missteps that triggered legal problems for pharma management, and explain the latest compliance regime for key company executive and marketing roles.
Why Should You Attend:
In the past two decades, the number of pharmaceutical companies stung by serious marketing missteps has grown, and their legal exposure has produced high fines. From the latest controversy (NECC) to actual litigated instances, these cases of faulty compliance can draw fines up to $4 billion, and include mandatory prosecutions and court-ordered supervision of all operations.
This course is designed to give marketing professionals a “walk-through” the crucial steps that help avoid marketing non-compliance mishaps, and helps your company develop full regulatory and documentation process for staying fully compliant in marketing. The training will include a comprehensive review of the core compliance requirements, plus the more nuanced steps involved in the case of higher-level executives. This 90 minute program details these core elements, identifies the critical steps required, and guides you through the organizing steps for an actionable marketing compliance strategy for your company.
- Gain tested guides for managing marketing compliance plans. The program targets organizing your documents, messages and training. You develop your plans from the ground up, and create the full program.
- Learn what creates the safe harbor and successful path in pharma marketing, and establish the crucial plans and documentation for successful compliance in 2013.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.