Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
NAFTA Qualification Process for USA, Mexico and Canada
Friday, March 22, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This 60 minute online training will focus on how to apply rules of origin and different processes when qualifying products under NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement).
Why Should You Attend:
Compliance with NAFTA will help in removing major barriers to trade and investment in North American countries like US, Canada and Mexico. This webinar will describe the North American Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with the US, Mexico and Canada that became law under the Customs Mod Act of 1993 and implemented on January 1, 1994. Goods that meet NAFTA qualification are entitled to duty free or reduced duty entry in to the U.S. Penalties and enforcements actions are severe for non-compliance with NAFTA rules and keeping good records or documentation is necessary in order to support a customs audit or verification from any NAFTA country.
This online session will explain how to qualify finished goods under NAFTA by applying and supporting certain processes in order meet the NAFTA rules of origin requirements.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
Following topics will be discussed during the webinar:
- Customs Mod Act of 1994 on NAFTA
- Rules of Origin
- NAFTA Certificate
- Annex 401 & Gen. Note 12
- Bill of Materials
- NAFTA Module
- Internal Self-Audits
- Importer Self-Assessments
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.