Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
DCAA Compliant QuickBooks Boot Camp (TAMPA)
Wednesday, 23 January 2013 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 5:00 PM (EST)
Temple Terrace, FL
DCAA Compliant QuickBooks Boot Camp
Are you contracting with the Government or are considering doing so?
If you want to do business with the federal government, you have to understand the accounting terminology and government contract accounting practices. This two-day class covers basics of government contracting, using QuickBooks as a DCAA compliant accounting system, PLUS how to compute your indirect rates from your company Profit and Loss statement.
In Day 1, our class in basics of government contract accounting includes:
- Requirements for a DCAA Compliant accounting system
- Elements of a DCAA compliant timesheet and labor distribution system
- Understanding Cost accounting requirements based on accrual methods
- Direct, indirect and unallowable costs
- Contract types and billing requirements
- Indirect rate strategies
- Computing indirect rates for competitive pricing
- Review of FAR 31.205 unallowable costs
In Day 2, our hands-on class in DCAA Compliant QuickBooks includes:
- Preferences and settings to configure QuickBooks for DCAA compliance
- Setting up a DCAA Compliant Chart of Accounts
- Configuring Customers & Jobs, Employee Data, Service Items and Payroll items
- Business rules for coding transactions to streamline reporting and billing
- Controlling timing and reporting issues to provide Cost accounting based on accrual methods
- Creating invoices based on contract requirements
- Reporting of cost and revenue
- Computing indirect rates based on your income statement
Laptop required for participation.
Due to limited space per class, early registration is suggested.
No Refunds, no exceptions. If there is an emergency, you can elect to have someone sit in your seat for you, or if there is another student we can fill you seat with, we will make attempts to reschedule you in a future class. Classes may be rescheduled if minimum enrollment is not reached.
Questions? Give us a call. 256-971-2728 or email email@example.com