Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Effective Complaint Handling, Medical Device Reporting and Recalls -- Avoiding Costly Errors
Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 8:30 AM - Friday, February 8, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PST)
This interactive two-day course give by FDA’s recently retired CDRH Recall Branch Chief Rita Hoffman who has more than 36 years experience in FDA compliance issues provide you the tools to minimize risk of regulatory enforcement actions she will address properly handling of complaints reportable or non-reportable, properly documenting and handling product complaints, how and when to file Medical Device Reports (MDR), effectively communicating with the appropriate regulatory agencies in the event of a recall appropriately conducting a correction and removal to avoid a recall crisis, including required recordkeeping, expectation from FDA and other regulatory agencies in the event of a recall and. key factors in implementing and maintaining compliance with the regulations and real life experiences of FDA.
Medical Device Reporting (MDR), and Recall compliance are critical to the continue survival of all device manufacturers. The FDA is continuing their efforts to issue numerous FDA Warning Letters and serious enforcement actions, including criminal & civil penalties levied on companies that failed to properly report events and take proper corrective and removal action. The number of device companies having their recall classified as a Class 1 (most severe) recall has surged in the past three years. Additionally, product liability and financial risks are staggering when companies fail to properly report and take action when required. This course will provide an understanding of MDR & Recall compliance and the interrelationship of Complaint Handling, CAPA, and Risk Management processes. This course will be beneficial to all device manufacturers and is recommended for any individuals or teams that are involved in medical device reporting (MDR) and correction & removal processes, including recalls.
- Understand how to comply with complicated Compliant Handling, MDR and Recall requirements.
- Firms MDR reporting and FDA's handling of reports.
- Company preparation in the event of a Recall, recall strategy, notification letter and communicating with the FDA.
- Minimize your risk of regulatory enforcement actions.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of effective procedures for handling complaints, reportable events and recalls.
- Understand the relationship and interaction with other quality system elements as they relate to complaints and reportable events.
- Walk-through of case examples.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.