Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Pediatric Coding Top Tips and Pediatric CPT Changes 2013
Thursday, January 24, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar on pediatric code changes for 2013 will cover the changes general and specialty pediatrics need to make to ensure accurate and profitable coding in 2013. It will show proper usage of new and revised pediatric, E/M, and medicine codes including deleted code crosswalks and changed coding guidelines so that those coding for pediatric services and procedures can quickly get up to date.
Why Should You Attend:
CPT 2013 code changes will be effective Jan. 1, 2013. More than 30 code changes including new codes, code revisions, and deleted codes will impact pediatric coding. Pediatricians, coders, and office managers must be familiar with the new code changes and significant introductory note changes. Using deleted codes will cause denials and result in payment delays. Learning the new inpatient neonatal intensive care services and pediatric and neonatal critical care services guidelines is essential for correct coding in 2013.
This session is designed for any provider, educator, compliance director, consultant, office manager, or coder who is responsible for correct coding of pediatric medical services and procedures. The session will cover code changes, revisions, and deletions for pediatric CPT 2013 codes. The goal is to facilitate proper code usage and super bill updating to avoid claims denials on initial submission. The strategies also protect payback requests due to postpayment audits.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Code revisions to almost all CPT code descriptors to reflect the inclusion of a qualified health care professional when the word “physician” is included.
- Observation or inpatient care services including same-day admission and discharge new typical time assignments.
- New codes for supervision by a control physician for interfacility critical care transport.
- Revisions to the neonatal and pediatric critical care guidelines.
- Instructions on proper coding for newborn care services from different groups.
- New codes for complex chronic care coordination and transitional care services.
- Replacement code to use for deleted TD vaccine code 90718.
- Changes to psychiatry section guidelines and deletion of psychiatric therapeutic procedure codes 90804-90809.
- Proper usage of pharmacologic management code based on code revisions.
- Revisions to cardiology codes.
- New codes for ingestion challenge testing.
- Revisions to allergy testing instructions and codes.
- New codes for pediatric polysomnography.
- Infusion and IV push administration facility coding examples and chemotherapy administration occurring on single or multi-date coding guideline clarifications.
- Vision screening code revisions.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.