Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Foreign Material Control in Food Processing
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar for food processing will cover the overview of systems necessary to reduce the risk of foreign material contamination, associated guidelines, HACCP and prerequisite programs followed by investigative techniques and a customer and team response plan.
Why Should You Attend:
While foreign material contamination is not one of the more frequent causes for recalls, it is in the top ten. Industry best practices have changed over recent years with the advent of new technology and the increasing popularity of processed foods. Consumer standards are higher and tolerance for deviations is lower.
When there is an incident, it can be devastating for the consumer and the brand. Foreign material control is a major component of HACCP and food safety. Preventing potential injury from ingestion of sharp objects is one of the basic principles that all food processing operators must employ. Team members play a key role and should know how they are accountable to ensure food safety and quality.
This 60 minute training will consist of overview of systems necessary to reduce the risk of foreign material contamination, followed by investigative techniques and a customer and team response plan. At the end of this webinar, the speaker will handle your specific questions related to the topic.
- Changes in Recall Authority enacted by the Food Safety and Modernization Act of 2011.
- GFSI Product traceability standards.
- Material Labeling, Segregation and Documentation for traceability.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Guiding principles for establishing meaningful limits.
- Differentiating acute hazards from quality issues.
- SOPs for monitoring that the limits are not exceeded.
- Regulatory Enforcement.
- HACCP and Prerequisite Programs
- Recent issues and prevention strategies
- Removal Systems
- Detection Systems
- Complaint Response
- Sign In Sheet
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.