Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Compliance with Title I of the Americans With Disabilities Act Who Suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Friday, February 8, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This course is designed to assist employers to learn about PTSD and help them to determine effective accommodations and comply with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) – symptoms, rights and confidentiality.
Why Should You Attend:
According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the individualized assessment of virtually all people with PTSD will result in a determination of disability under the ADA; given its inherent nature, PTSD will almost always be found to substantially limit the major life activity of brain function (EEOC Regulations . . . , 2011). With such a high prevalence of PTSD in the population, it is likely that almost all employers will employ individuals with this disorder; should be aware of the major symptoms and be able to make reasonable accommodation whenever possible for these individuals. This is especially critical when those individuals have experienced this trauma during service to our country. The percentage of veterans from the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts believed to have a full PTSD syndrome is estimated, conservatively, to be 30 %.
This session will cover information about PTSD and help you to determine effective accommodations and comply with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) along with information on symptoms, rights and confidentiality. At the end of this webinar, the speaker will handle your specific questions related to the topic.
At the end of this webinar, participants will understand the symptoms of PTSD, questions to be asked and accommodations to be taken to remain in compliance with the ADA.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Symptoms of PTSD
- Employer and employee rights relating to medical exams and discipline.
- Whether an employee needs to disclose PTSD
- Accommodation ideas related to memory, lack of concentration, disorganization, time management, reactions to stress, relationship with supervisors and other areas.
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance officers
- Human Resources Personnel
- Company Medical Staff/EAP
- First line supervisors
- Work Coordinators
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.