Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Third Party Information Security Assessment
Thursday, January 24, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar on information security assessment will highlight the principal steps/ methodology for performing a third party information security assessment.
Why Should You Attend:
Companies recognize that information protection requires close cooperation between them and its suppliers, vendors and partners.
This presentation outlines the most important and relevant steps needed to safeguard a company’s information from unauthorized or accidental modification, damage, destruction, or disclosure in an environment that we don’t have total control over it. It covers the main benefits and constraints that we can face while evaluating the information security controls in a third party. Also, we will discuss about the use of ISO 27002 as a best practice for evaluating the existence of information security controls in an external organization. We also will see how this methodology can assist organizations in understanding the security risks and threats that may exist within their environment. We will review the three phases that must be conducted in order to understand and evaluate the information security environment of the third party.
We will discuss the practicality of these methodology and the implementation factors. We will examine an example and how this methodology was tested.
Areas covered in this webinar:
- Importance of Third party Information security Assessment.
- Phases of Methodology.
- Pre assessment
- During assessment
- Post assessment
- Benefits and constraints
- Roles and responsibilities
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.