Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
OpenGov Hub Launch
Thursday, January 10, 2013 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (EST)
January 10th, 2013
1889 F Street NW, 2nd Floor, Washington DC, 20006
The OpenGov Hub warmly welcomes the Washington DC community to its premises to celebrate the coming together of organizations working in the open government space under the same roof. The launch will include remarks from open government champions, lightning talks from OpenGov Hub tenant organizations, and opportunities to meet and connect with friends and colleagues over food and drink.
- Samantha Power, Special Assistant to the President (and Senior Director) for Multilateral Affairs and Human rights
- Ian Solomon, U.S. Executive Director, World Bank Group
- Caroline Anstey, Managing Director, World Bank
- Jean-Louis Sarbib, CEO, Development Gateway
- Sean McDonald, CEO for Social Enterprise, FrontlineSMS
- Jim Baird, Senior Media Associate, Rethink Media
- Erica Hagen, Director, GroundTruth Initiative
- Caetie Ofiesh, Product Manager, Akvo
- John Crowley, Board Secretary, Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
- Linda Frey, Executive Director, Open Government Partnership
- Rob Baker, Senior Program Developer, Ushahidi
- Shireen Zaman, Executive Director, Institute for Social Policy & Understanding
- Blair Glencorse, Executive Director, Accountability Lab
- Ben Powell, CEO and founder, Agora Partnerships
- Melissa Nussbaum, Development Lead, World Wide Web Foundation
- Nathaniel Heller, Executive Director, Global Integrity
When & Where
The OpenGov Hub physically collocates historically distinct but like-minded communities of practice under a single shared physical workspace in downtown Washington, DC. The OpenGov Hub aspires to be the day-to-day home to a range of people and organizations working on the open government agenda while also serving as a community gathering point for open government learning and networking activities in the Washington area.