Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Translating ERM Concepts into Something Your Organization Can Understand
Friday, January 11, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar will offer risk management professionals practical methods to translate their risk-language or risk-speak into simple language that business operators across the organization can understand and comply with.
Why Should You Attend:
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is often less effective than it could be due to poor communications. What a risk management professional considers to be simple terms, can be misunderstood easily by those operating the business. Overcoming this communication divide is a critical step to improving the risk management effectiveness of an organization.
Business operators will often nod their heads and say what the risk manager wants to hear, but have no intention or idea of complying because they do not understand the concepts or how it will help them meet the company objectives.
This webinar will show some practical methods to assess your organization to determine effective ways to translate “risk-speak” into something understood by the business operators.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
Being a part of the webinar, you will learn:
- You say Potato, I say Potatoe.
- Language barriers.
- The same word meaning many different things.
- Creating a risk model and taxonomy for your organization.
- Tailoring the risk model.
- Consider the external and internal context of the organization.
- Motivate and inspire desired conduct through the awareness and training concepts.
- Understand technology’s constraint with risk taxonomy.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.