Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Developer Training with Apache Cassandra - Redwood City
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Redwood City, CA
This two day training course focuses on the data modeling in Apache Cassandra. Many people are drawn to Apache Cassandra for performance, high availability, and tunable consistency. What is not recognized is that there are many design patterns that can be applied to modeling data in Apache Cassandra that can lead to powerful applications that solve some very interesting use cases. This course will cover some of the most common use cases and demonstrate how complex problems can be solved in Apache Cassandra by taking advantage of they way Cassandra stores data.
● Elements of Data Modeling in Apache Cassandra
○ Column Families
● Column Families
○ Data Types
○ Validation Types
○ Columns and SuperColumns
○ Data References / Surrogate Keys
● Introduction to Indexing in Cassandra
● Primary Indexes and Partitioners
● Secondary Indexes
● Overview of Custom Indexes
● Using Custom Indexes for Sorted Lists
○ Duplicate Entries
○ Multiple Sort
● Indexing data with wide rows
● Effective Usage Patterns in Cassandra
● Logging to Cassandra
● Event processing and status with Cassandra
● Modeling workflow in Cassandra
● Modeling Time Series Data with roll-ups
● Modeling achievements in Cassandra
● Counting Votes with Cassandra (Aggregation)
● Effective use of Counters
● Using wide rows for grouping
● Composite Columns
● Introduction to Hadoop
● Introduction to DSE, or Cassandra + Hadoop
● Running WordCount on Cassandra
● Portfolio Demo Overiew
● Pig with Cassandra
When & Where
DataStax is the leading expert for Apache Cassandra, providing software, support, and training for all things Cassandra. DataStax is obsessed with providing great customer service.
Our mission is to help you with all of your Cassandra needs so you can focus on your core business. Contact us with your questions.