Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
BYOD and Information Security - Is this an Oxymoron?
Friday, February 8, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This BYOD and information security webinar will help you explore the current state of BYOD in the workplace, the need to evaluate the risk to the organization prior to deployment, the critical need for identifying and communicate a strong legal strategy, select the right mobile device management solutions (based on risk assessment), ability to develop and implement strong BYOD policies, is BYOD right for your organization, and how the “Cloud” impacts information security with BYOD.
Why Should You Attend:
A survey of 650 information and security professionals about how the "bring your own device" (BYOD) trend is impacting their organizations finds one-quarter of them forbid use of personally owned devices such as smartphones and tablets on the network. However, the majority that does often lack meaningful policies or security controls related to these devices. BYOD continues to impact the way organizations are able to protect their IT infrastructure. The "SANS Survey on Mobility/BYOD Security Policies and Practices" found about one-third acknowledging they lack meaningful BYOD security policies. When asked what kind of products or services they're utilizing for mobile devices, roughly half indicated a mix of data protection via encryption, secure access to corporate resources, and while less than half used anti-malware or data-loss prevention, for example. However, 67% expects to implement cloud-based provisioning in the next 12 months.
BYOD programs in the enterprise can liberate employees and trim the bottom line. But it also brings hidden costs and security risks to a corporate network. This is not some passing fancy, it is here to stay and not dealing with the impact on your infrastructure will place you a vulnerable situation. Being able to get your arms around the BYOD revolution is the first step in bring a structured implementation process to the organization.
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all organizations that are looking to deploy BYOD into their IT enterprise. The focus will be upon addressing the issues and begin to develop a viable strategy framework for deploying BYOD within your organization.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
The webinar will cover the following areas:
- Current State of BYOD in the workplace.
- Need to evaluate the risk to the organization prior to deployment.
- Identify the three types of risk BYOD brings to an organization.
- Critical need for identifying and communicate a strong legal strategy.
- Select the right mobile device management solutions (based on risk assessment).
- Ability to develop and implement strong BYOD policies.
- Should you deploy BYOD in your organization.
- How the “Cloud” impacts information security with BYOD.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.